Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Back to School

Back to school....
It's time for new pencils, glue, scissors, cute backpacks and new shoes. But a mother's main concern is the outfit that her child will wear. :) Admit it! You've spent a good bit of time looking for that perfect outfit too. Since I'm a seamstress I dug through all my patterns trying to find the perfect one. My daughter is in a phase of wanting to wear lots of knit so when I saw there was a new knit top pattern coming out from Little Lizard King I thought it would be perfect for her. Meet the Road Trip Racerback Dress.


 This pattern features 5 skirt options-- top, tunic, dress, maxi and even a strip-work option. I choose the dress length. There is also an option for flutter sleeves. The size range is 12m- 14 years! The back is a racer back, which was new for me since I had no other styles like this in my pattern collection.



 The pattern contains details on stabilizing your knit, as well as other tricks for sewing with knits. A good steam iron is worth it's weight in gold when you are adding those neck and arm bands! Be sure to use the size chart provided to ensure a great fit. I found it to be spot on!

I decided to add a fun little pocket to our dress. This pocket was not included in the pattern and actually came from the Emory dress from Izzy & Ivy.



That beautiful fabric is from Moda's line called PB&J. It's been very popular the past few years but sadly, it's getting very hard to find. For my bodice, I used a solid navy cotton/lyra knit from sweet Ms. Mel over at The Purpleseamstress.

The best part about this dress is that she wore it until bath time last night and when I finally took it off of her she said, "This is my favorite school dress ever!".  Thank you LLK for this great pattern that is cute AND comfy!

Here's to a great school year for all our children!








3 comments :